1 July 2015

European National Enduro Austria (disappointed as can be)

Here we are sitting in the freezing conditions for track walk for some of the European National Titles Stages in Kirchberg, Austria.
With the weather turning from bad to worse and the rain coming in heavier, we knew it was going to be a hard weekend mental and physically. With that been said but, the tracks are looking crazy good and cannot wait to get out on them.












Heading out for practice and it was a struggle with the sun just peeking through at the base of the mountains but it still snowing and raining just a couple hundred metres up.
Practice was going well until the cold got to me and even with thermals and water proof everything on it was still a mission to get back to the accommodation.





who loves good advertisement on the side of the mtn. I DO.





Suffering a broken rear mech on stage 1 practice right on close of business on the Saturday meant that I would not be making the start line come Sunday morning. I know it is a item that should always be carried on these events and it has bitten me hard. To my biggest disappointment it was a quick pack up and head back to Germany for some down time and bike rebuilding. This is truly a disappointing time I must say as the track are so wild and the event has been put on so well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment